Duties to include but not limited to:
- Administers physical therapy patient care under supervision of a physical therapist, authorized extender, or credentialed provider. Physical therapy duties include implementing treatment programs; using special equipment; administering modalities; and other treatment procedures.
- Physical therapy assistants will prepare patient for treatment by proper dress and position, and frequently checks on patient during treatment period to satisfy patient needs.
- Physical therapy assistants will coordinate patient and therapist treatment schedules.
- Physical therapy assistants will document patient care. Observes, records, and reports patient responses.
- Assist physical therapist with evaluations, tests, measurements, and procedures when needed.
- Note diagnosis of patient and takes precautions to observe indications and contradictions. Maintains standards of care and ethical conduct set down by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Physical therapy assistants Perform, assist with, or manage physical therapy administrative activities. Coordinate administrative activities to assure effective and efficient delivery of patient care and rehabilitation programs.
- Maintain records of physical therapy cases and prepares activity reports.
- Physical therapy assistants perform and maintain collection of patient data through the data processing system. Reviews reports and records for accuracy and compliance with directives, and submits data to appropriate authority.
- Physical therapy assistants assist in monitoring and evaluating physical therapy activities and determining compliance with standards of care, policies, and directives.
- Physical therapy assistants evaluate technical and administrative activities to improve clinic proficiency.
- Physical therapy assistants manage material and equipment. Analyzes needs and recommends requirements for resources.
- Physical therapy assistants ensure compliance with inspection and maintenance procedures, and safeguards physical therapy equipment.
- Ensure physical therapy standards, directives, policies, or procedures provide quality patient care in an ethical, legal, safe, sanitary, caring, and efficient environment.
- Educate patients in exercise and conducts treatment utilizing special equipment, modalities, and other treatment procedures.
- Physical therapy assistants fit assistive devices to protect or assist patient in achieving optimal independent physical function.
- Attend and participate in clinical meetings and conferences as directed by the Physical Therapy Officer In Charge (OIC).
The Physical therapy assistants shall perform procedures compatible with the MTF’s operating capacity and equipment. New medical procedures/services shall not be introduced without prior recommendation to, and approval of, the MTF Commander or authorized representative.