Psychologist need at Ft. Hood Army Base, Killeen, TX – The City of Killeen, TX is approximately 1 hour outside of Austin, TX, a major metropolitan city in central TX and tucked in the middle of beautiful hill country. Killeen and its neighboring towns have seen rapid growth over the past 20 years and is fast becoming one of central Texas most desirable areas in which to reside.
Competitive Compensation Package as an Independent Contractor
THIS IS A SHORT TERM POSITION CONTRACTED THROUGH DECEMBER 31ST, 2018. COMPENSATION HAS BEEN RAMPED UP ACCORDINGLY IN CONSIDERATION OF THIS TIMEFRAME.
Assesses and resolves complex social, economic and psychosocial problems that may impact on service members’ and their families’ medical treatment as outpatients by providing direct casework services, to include screening, assessment, treatment, referral, consultation and education and in conjunction with DoD guidelines
2 Assesses and resolves complex social, economic and psychosocial problems that may impact on service members’ and their families’ medical treatment as inpatients or while the service member is being evaluated for medical discharge from the service by providing direct casework services, to include screening, assessment, referral, consultation and education.
3. Conducts psychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed to facilitate behavioral health clinical care management and optimize care.
4. Evaluates the impact of diagnosis or lack of diagnosis with unexplained chronic symptoms on individual and family systems as well as assess patient’s functioning within work, family and routines of daily living and identify areas needing continued support, resources, and treatment in order to assist patients.
5. Provides services to high-risk populations including service members pending medical discharge due to physical and or behavioral health injuries/illnesses, service members who were wounded as a result of their military duties, and the families of service members killed in action.
6. Supports local and remote Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) events that prepare large numbers of service members for mobilization, deployment, demobilization and redeployment in clinical and non-clinical settings. This support shall include provision of behavioral health clinical care management services, screening, evaluation and referrals for Soldiers who report deployment-related symptoms on Pre-Deployment Health Assessment, Post Deployment Health Assessment, Post Deployment Health Reassessment or other screening forms, assistance with administrative requirements for transfer from active to reserve status and other administrative requirements. The SRP events may occur as frequently as bi-weekly or as infrequently as semi-annually.
7. Develops, implements, and maintains in partnership with Patients, other health care providers and community resources as applicable. Develops a comprehensive treatment care plan in accordance with behavioral health care standards for patients and their families.
8. Coordinates services for those patients who move to another location to ensure continuity of care. Facilitates transfer of the case to local behavioral health care case management resources, as appropriate.
9. Performs Mental Status Evaluations, Fitness for Duty Evaluations, Chapter Evaluations and other clinical examinations requiring a DSM-IV diagnosis. As such, contract employee must be a skilled diagnostician, and familiarize themselves with relevant provisions of AR xxx, Standards of Medical Fitness, and AR xxx Enlisted Ranks Personnel to properly evaluate and classify such soldiers.
10. Coordinates and assists installation community agencies and the MTF in the referral process, to provide re-integration training and services for Soldiers returned from deployment.
11. Educates patients, their families, commanders and health care staff on community resources including information and referral for financial, housing, educational, employment and childcare resources as required by patient’s needs assessment.
12. Maintains complete and accurate records and documents all patient contacts/services provided in accordance with professional standards as well as DoD, U.S. Army, installation and facility directed administrative requirements. Enters patient clinical and administrative data as well as utilization data and other data into automated systems and/or paper records and create reports from these data in accordance with local policies and procedures, Army Regulations and directives from the Army Medical Department, its program administrators, C, Psychology and/or the C, BHS.
13. Responsible for the completion of individual workload accountability in accordance with clinic, medical treatment facility and program requirements.
14. Maintains inpatient and outpatient medical records IAW ARxx. Medical records will be subject to review by the Medical Care Evaluation Committee, Quality Assurance Committee, and designated representatives of the Commander, U.S. Army MEDCOM. Only approved medical abbreviations will be used. Charting will be in compliance with Army, MTF, or clinic requirements as directed by the provider’s immediate supervisor. The contract service provider is responsible for the content and correctness of all prepared and transcribed reports and shall verify the content and correctness of all prepared and transcribed reports by affixing signature and stamp to all copies of the document and validating it contents the same day as documents are provided by the U.S. Government. All evaluations and other records of patients will remain the property of, and subject to the exclusive control of, the U.S. Government. All reports and documents prepared by the Contractor in fulfillment of this contract will become the property of the U.S. Government.
15. Abides by all applicable MTF by-laws, JCAHO, DoD, DA and MEDCOM regulations with regard to Utilization Review and Quality Improvement directives including, but not limited to, in-service training, peer review, performance improvement, records maintenance, performance evaluations, and release of information.
16. Consults with and assists other contract service providers, military commanders and community agencies in the development and implementation of deployment-related health programs at the installation and or clinic level.
17. Participates, as appropriate, in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) programs and adhere to all safety regulations at all times. The contract service provider shall provide technical advice and professional opinions upon request from the MTF Commander, C, Psychology and/or C, BHS, Clinic OIC, or other assigned supervisors.
18. Attends and participates in patient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and any other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to assigned cases and/or performance of contract services as determined by the MTF Commander, C, Psychology and/or C, BHS, Clinic OIC or other assigned supervisors.
19. Presents patient cases in regularly scheduled case staffing meetings to discuss status and updates to cases under the direction of the C, Psychology and/or C, BHS, Clinic OIC, and/or other assigned supervisors.
20. Attends meetings, case conferences and training under the direction of the C, Psychology and/or C, BHS, Clinic OIC, and other assigned supervisors, as required
Qualifications, per U.S. Government guidelines: PhD or PsyD from APA approved program and completion of APA approved internship/residency in clinical or counseling psychology. Minimum of 1 yr. post-doctoral experience within the past 5 years, BLS certification, Active/unrestricted license from ANY STATE or U.S. Territory, and U.S. Citizenship.
For immediate consideration please apply directly to https://careers-humanaclinicalresources.icims.com and enter keyword: 1905. Or you can email it directly to Diana Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (502) 322-8157. Phone inquiries can be made to (502) 318-0875.