Duties to include but not limited to:
- Administer or instruct patients in therapeutic exercises or procedures. Administer physical therapy treatment using modalities that include electricity, heat, cold, water and light, exercise, massage, and traction (majority of cases involve treatment of ACL, scopes, and back).
- Use physical therapy apparatus as directed by the physical therapist or credentialed provider as long as the treatment request is indicated.
- Assists the physical therapist with complex physical therapy evaluations, tests, measurements, and procedures. Plans or develops patient therapeutic programs, and interviews patients to determine treatment schedules.
- Observes, records, and report the patient's reaction to physical therapy care to the physical therapist or credentialed provider.
- Coordinate patient care and the administrative activities of the physical therapy services. Monitors and evaluates physical therapy activities to determine compliance with established standards of patient care, policies, and regulations. Analyzes the requirements for supplies, equipment, and other resources, and makes recommendations.
The contract physical therapist shall plan, develop and manage physical therapy programs and activities. The physical therapist shall evaluate patients and treat disabilities requiring physical therapy services for patients as scheduled by the Government.